Saturday, August 3, 2013

chocolate cherry almond smoothie

This was even more amazing than I expected. Yesterday I went to Stanley's <which I'm totally obsessed with> and found dirt cheap cherries that looked oh-so-amazing. However, you had to buy a BOATLOAD to get them.

I decided this was worth it and I would just freeze them! It was a little bit more of a task than expected <and make sure to wear dark colors when you prepare them to freeze>. I washed them and de-stemmed them. Then I made a slit at the top of each cherry, ripped them in half and popped out the pit. Next, I placed them on a cookie sheet to freeze overnight.
YUM.

This is definitely more of a dessert smoothie, but so so amazing!

Smoothie Recipe:
  • 1 cup chocolate almond milk
  • 1 handful frozen cherries
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Blend well and enjoy!!

xoxo,
chocolate cherry convert.


No comments:

Post a Comment