Wednesday, June 12, 2013

be unapologetically you.


I have worked as a registered nurse with cancer patients for the past six years. This is a population that I love with all my heart. My patients have inspired me, made me laugh until my abs hurt, made me cry, pray and hope. But most of all, they open my eyes to a more true meaning in life. 

This article has a great insight into how courageous cancer survivors learn to live.

My two favorite parts?

"People who survive cancer tend to get feisty... They say what they think. They laugh often. They don't make excuses. They wear purple muumuus when they want to."

-and-

"People who survive cancer have a whole new appreciation for health. Those who haven’t been there may take it for granted. So stop smoking. Eat healthy. Drink in moderation. Maintain a healthy weight. Avoid toxic poisons. Get enough sleep. Above all else, prioritize self care."

Amen sisters! I felt a little lighter after reading it--hope you do too!

xoxo,
naturally feisty and unapologetically me

No comments:

Post a Comment